The Listing Home Size Needs to Match the Appraisal Home Size!
Where Do You Get Your Home Size Information?
An accurate home size is critical in a price per square foot industry! Many homeowners assume that the information in public records is always accurate. This just isn't the case.
These are a few reasons why inaccuracies in home size can occur in public records:
- The county assessor never enters the home; therefore, "open to below" spaces, bonus spaces, above garage living area, utility spaces and areas not heated or cooled are never evaluated.
- The original information came from a building permit and plans were changed during construction.
- Additions to the home were never permitted.
- Information was entered incorrectly.
- Before 1996 there were no home measurement standards. Today most US appraisers use the ANSI Home Measurement Standards to determine what is considered livable square footage.
Did you know that the lender verifies the size of the home through the appraiser?
The first thing the appraiser does on site is measure the home in order to determine market value.
So before you price your home you should have your home measured so the list price is based the same measurement standards that the appraiser will use.
Listen to podcast episode #21 to learn more about the need for a pre-listing home measurement so the listing home size matches the appraisal home size.
John Sledge is a retired real appraiser who has measured homes for over 15 years. We use the same software and standards the appraiser uses!
Protect yourself by contacting John for a home measurement today!
Contact Us to Schedule
Frequently Asked Questions About Our Home Measurement Service
Can I measure my own home?
How much does a home measurement cost?
Will you need inside the home while on site?
Will my home size be shared with the county?
How long will the measurement take?
A Shout-Out to San Antonio Area Real Estate Agents Who We Have Worked With That Recognize the Importance of Verifying Home Size!
Click on a name and give them a call!
- Sue Rodarte
- Amy Case
- Pam Smartt
- Peter Mason
- Heather Keenan
- Tessa Pena
- Kristin Bengoechea
- Scott Jauregui
- Lori Shull
- Nena King
- Hunter Tierney
- Rick Kuper
- Melissa Wiggans
- Tiffany Stevens
- Ellen McDonough
- Kate Park
- Marnie Simpson
- Steve Markham
- Kristin Kellum
- Shyler Leon
- Leslie Gutierrez
- Lisa Martinez
- Kate Lanfear
- Ann Van Pelt
- Alison Stone
- Janet Heydenreich
- Ruth Storrie
- Katie Detmer
- Chris Galvan
- Claudia Nolen
- Laura Hodge
- Cory Bakke
- Belinda Trevino
- Misti Rios
- Laura Vanderpool
- Raul Resendiz
- The Castillo Group
- Jon Hess
- Jennie Hampton
- Carolyn Thorton